Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Why Do Girls Try So Hard?

I guess I never got the concept of, "When you quit looking for love you'll find it", until about (4) four years ago.
I had been in a bad relashionship for a while, and when that finally came to an end, I started looking for someone to fill that void in my life. I guess you could say I was looking for love in all the wrong places!
When my search had finally come to an end, and i had decided to give up completly on love and happiness, my friend, (at the time) decided we should go to a local bar for some drinks and some goofy Karaokee.....(which I love)! As I walked into the bar, I heard the most angelic voice of a man singing, and I made the comment to my friend that he had a very nice voice, and decided to leave it at that, (I surley was not going to try to catch a man in a bar)! So I decided to try to meet the gentleman, and was smitten with him, but like always I listened to the old addage, that you should never pick your husband, boyfriend, etc...... from a bar.
As time went by and the heart grew fonder, I fell in love with this man, he brouht out something in me I had felt had died many years before. A little over a month from the day we met, I must say, we were married in a beautiful ceremony, and my husband has been the greatese father "daddy" to our kids.
You see what I'm getting at here is not the fact that you should jump right into a relashionship, or jump right into a marriage for that matter, all I'm saying is, take it from someone who has been there, STOP letting your friends, family or whomever make your decisions for you. In fact follow your heart, it sounds old fashion but it is true........when I quit looking for love, I found it, I did go for the man in the bar, he was there for all the same reasons as I was, just to unwind, make friends, and quit "looking for the one"!
It is when we follow the greatest device GOD gave us, that great things can happen.
Ladies, don't spend the rest of your lives playing the what if game with yourself, quit trying to justify, the why's and why not's, and just allow yourself to get swept off your feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home